Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vacation 2012--part 1

First off, sorry it's been awhile.  I've been busy finishing the intensive and packing to leave, and the past two nights there hasn't been internet access.
Our trip has been pretty good so far.  We're visiting my grandparents in Minnesota this week, and next week we'll be visiting some friends on the way home.  Dad's home keeping the animals fed, since he couldn't get it off work.
We've been in the car for about 16 hours so far, and by the end, my sisters were feeling it.  It seems like the number of quarrels went up exponentially the last couple of hours.  Everybody was starting to get grumpy, and when we almost got lost in Grandma's town, that didn't help.  We figured out where we were going, though, and now I'm sitting on Grandma's couch.
Tomorrow, apparently, we're going to the turtle races.  Apparently, turtle races are where you rent a turtle for a couple bucks, and they race to the end of a three-foot track.  Seems like it'll be a little boring, but I'll give it a shot.
At some point, there's a pioneer village that we'll go see, and there are plenty of lakes to see.  I'm hoping to find some shells, and at some point we're supposed to go fishing.  Sometime, we should have some down time, which is nice because I have a couple of sewing projects I'm trying to finish.  It's also nice because we can't go running hither and yon all day every day.
So that's about how this coming week is supposed to go.  I'll try to keep you posted on what's happening, and I'm sure I'll have interesting stories about turtle racing, and maybe a fish tale or two.

pointe4Jesus
~Dancing for Him Who died for me.~

No comments:

Post a Comment