Friday, August 10, 2012

Peace

Last night, I got an email.  I was cordially informed that, due to me having graduated high school, I would no longer be able to study ballet at the studio I had been planning to study at this coming year.
Needless to say, this threw me into a bit of a panic.  It's time to register for the coming year, and suddenly, I had no idea where I was going to dance.  I mean, this is what I want to spend my life doing, and suddenly I have a maximum of two weeks to figure out where I'm going to be doing it.
I know, I know, I'm supposed to trust God, even - especially- when stuff like this happens.  But it's HARD!  How am I supposed to trust when what I thought was my world is crumbling?
I think humanly, it's just about impossible.  We weren't built for chaos, so when chaos erupts, we feel lost, alone, and bewildered.  I can't trust Him by myself when things fall apart.  I've tried it.  It doesn't work (not for me at least.  If it works for you, let me know, but I don't think it works for anyone.)  When things are working perfectly, it's easy, but somehow I just can't seem to trust Him when it starts to tangle up.
I can't remember what I said, but it was something to the effect of, "Ok, God, I don't know what you're up to, but I need your help to trust that you know what's best."  I'm not very good at coming up with long, flowy prayers.  God understands short and to the point just fine anyway, so why bother?
Anyhow, this sounds horribly cliche, but when I was done, I could trust.  I was still uncertain, but I could trust that it would be ok.
Later that night, Mom and I were talking about looking in the Yellow Pages for studios that I could go to, and suddenly, we remembered a studio that a friend of mine goes to.  She's danced there for years and she's amazing, so it has to be a good studio.  This morning I emailed them, and they said they would definitely have a place for me, I'll just have to take a placement class.
So in less than twenty-four hours, I've gone from not having a studio, to having the same studio that one of my best friends has.  Now I just have to deal with the tension drainage.

BTW, the trip is going great.  I'll post on that in a bit, I just wanted to let you guys know about this.


pointe4Jesus
~Dancing for Him Who died for me.~

No comments:

Post a Comment